Thursday, February 15, 2007

Jess's Banana Loaf

I love it! LOL!!

I whipped it up pretty quickly seing I had 3 medium sized bananas left from the comb I bought from the night market on Monday. It's a hit with mom. It was a little crumbly but that's because I couldn't wait till it cooled ;) I haven't had dinner yet! I hope Jess wouldn't mind if I list the recipe here to share. The recipe is going into the NNC files :)

Straight from the oven

Jess's Banana Loaf

125g butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
2 large mashed ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1 tsp soda bic
1/4 cup milk

Beat butter and sugar, add eggs, add banana. Stir in half sifted dry
ingreds. Add remaining flour and milk. Stir until smooth. Bake for 30
mins at 180 degrees.

Optional extras, roughly chopped walnuts or lots of choc chips!

Now on the stitching front, I've finished the LHN Freebie titled 2 Sheep. I framed it myself. Bought the frame a couple of months ago from the Cheshire Home. Will need to take it to the framers to fix a small decorative hook, but that will be after the Chinese New Year holidays.

Little House Needleworks
2 Sheep (Freebie)
Stitched on Vintage Belfast with DMC threads, 2/2

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 am

    BJ, You are too much! I mean that in the nicest possible way. ROTFL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:31 am

    Beautiful stitching and framing job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banana bread looks YUM! It's my fave, I have got to try this recipe when I'm back in Australia. Btw, what's SR flour? Just need to make sure I get the right ingredients :D

    Great job on the framing! The stitched piece is very prety :)

    eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo, that looks SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Yummy!
    And 2 sheeps is just adorable!
    Great job on cooking and stitching!

    ReplyDelete