Friday, February 16, 2007

Bee Sachet

Since my thistle motif finished into an ornament, I thought I'd finish this into a sachet instead. It was quite easy and I've left the top open with just a simple press button for closure. That way I can change the fragrance sachets once they expire, instead of ripping off the stitches.

The backing fabric was a VSE gift from Radha and it was perfect for this design. I've embellised the inner lace square with coral Mill Hill beads. For a sparkly effect and because I've stitched white on almost white fabric, the lace pattern wasn't too obvious.

Little House Needleworks & Country Cottage Needleworks
Design from The Gift of Stiching (Jan 2007 issue) online Magazine
Stitched on 28ct Lugana with DMC threads, 2/2

7 comments:

  1. This is a cute design, and its definitly in my to do pile. Great idea to leave the sachet open. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:35 am

    Very pretty sachet. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Barbara and what a good idea to leave the top open so that you can easily change the fragrance sachets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:15 am

    I see Miss Turbo Fingers is once again leaving us trailing far...behind...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just beautiful, you done a fantastic job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful finish and great idea for a sachet!

    ReplyDelete