Saturday, January 20, 2007

Tower Topper Tutorial

Since Rose and Nik is gonna SAL on this real soon, I thought I'd up the tutorial real quick :)

Gather the following:

1. Your stitching on a fabric the zie of 5" x 5 1/2" (inclusive of seam allowance)
2. Backing fabric of the same size
3. Interface, 2 pieces of the same size
4. Bias binding, colour that you wish about 20" strip
5. Cord, thickness that you wish about 22" strip
6. Ribbon, colour that you wish about 14"

Iron the interface to the back of the stitched piece and the backing piece

Use the zipper footer and sew the cord against the centre of the binding, effectively wrapping the cord with binding. You could hand stitch if you prefer.

Bevel/Trim the top corners of both the stitched piece and the backing piece

Sew or hand stitched the corded binding, on to 3 sides of the right side of the stitching. Then turn up the bottom side and stich the binding neatly behind the stitched piece. Turn up and stitch the backing piece also.

Then sew or hand stitched the backing piece with right sides facing. Omit sewing a short strip of 1/2" at the top centre of the backing piece. This is for the ribbon to pull through.

Turn the piece inside out.

Tie the ribbon to a loop and pull through the opening at the top.

Towel Topper
Design by Prarie Schooler - Cornucopia (freebie)
Stitched on 14ct Rustico with DMC Threads


Bunch the towel through the ribbon and stuff it into the topper to fill it up. And that's it, you have a towel topper!

Sorry about the quality of some pics, if you have any questions please comment and I'll get back to you in the comments section itself.

Comment Notes: WRT to the wedding sampler, I've decided to unpick and stitch it again, not too much trouble. June is right, it's an optical illusion. I thought I'd get it right. Thanks everyone for your opinions, appreciate every one of them.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:38 pm

    Oh, how cute. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, bj for the tutorial. This looks simple enough for me to try my hands on but just wonder when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea and think I will have to give it a try. I've added you to my blog roll hope you do not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! Thank you for the awesome tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:59 pm

    What i ԁon't understood is in fact how you are now not actually much more neatly-liked than you might be right now. You are very intelligent. You understand thus significantly in terms of this topic, made me in my view imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women aren't interested excеpt it iѕ one thing to accomрlіsh with Giгl
    gaga! Yοuг реrsonаl stuffs niсe.
    All the time саre for it up!

    Hаvе a loοk at my wеbpage; www.whatisanelectroniccigarette.us

    ReplyDelete