Saturday, January 06, 2007

Off to a patchy start


This is what I manage to 'patch' up last evening. As there are 9 squares to the patchwork that is as many times I unpick and sewed it up again :( Aligning the squares was a nightmare. But the result is super. I salute quilters, what a massive task they undertake. And I am struggling with a 9 piece square...sheesh...

The calico beneath will be it's backing piece. Changed my mind, it's not going to be finished as a pincushion afterall. It's gonna be an ornament to be hung on my room door. I've got some black ribbons for the hanging, just not quite decided about adding some tatted lace around it. Let me tat up some black lace and we'll see ;)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:13 pm

    It looks great, I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete