Saturday, October 02, 2010

Soot & Ashes - WIP

 
 3 more blocks to go to catch up with Cheri.

These came from Fabric Shack some days ago.  The charm pack are for a baby quilt I am planning.  A simple alternate block quilt.
 JJ Blouse is completed.  Very pleased with how it turned out.  And I think I want to make another.
I did some clearing up this morning.  I won't be continuing with the Thimbleberries Village Quilt blocks and these were the fabrics used.  They will now be added into my stash bins :)  I intend to piece the blocks I have already made to make it into a lap quilt.
These are the scraps that will join my scrap bin.
Gifts to Margaret W on her birthday in August.  The pattern 'Jane Austen on the Weather' is by The Sampler Girl and again I changed the blues to pink.  Stitched on 32ct HDF linen with DMC floss.  I finished it as a pillow cover for a store bought pillow form. It has a zip closure behind the pillow.  The fabrics are from Fig Tree & Co.  I made a needle book, in pinks!  A charm pack, Margaret says it's her first and a Kelmscott needle minder with the letter M! :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:13 pm

    No wonder why MW is feeling so cheered.
    JessW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt pieces are gorgeous...I love the blouse! And the pillow gift is tremendous! So darling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the many wonderful BD gifts! I just love the pillow to pieces, as i do all the others!!!

    ReplyDelete