Saturday, October 09, 2010

Danielle Blouse - WIP

The Danielle blouse is a free pattern from Burda Style.  I am using the cotton fabric by Quilt Gate to try this pattern.

 I only needed 2M of 45" width fabric.  However it's better to use slightly more for ease in cutting.
 I reduced one of the pleats for the sleeve as it was taking up slightly more than 1/2 the width of the fabric.  Am glad I did because it was an almost perfect fit when I sewed the sleeve to the armhole.

Here I am using a bodkin to pull through the elastic.
Not hemmed. And the facing not stitched to the bodice yet.
Sewing on the invisible zip is getting easier and easier.  I need to get a pack of eye and hook for a more complete closure at the top of the zip. Only the armholes remains to be serged and then I'll call it complete.  I spent a wonderful 2 days sewing the Danielle blouse.  So pleasurable and I feel so accomplished! :)
I have 1/2M of fabric left so I think I'll sew this up for a friend's newborn baby girl.  This is a pattern from Heather Ross' book Weekend Sewing called Lucy's Kimono.
Pure baby quilt all basted with a pieced backing.  I think it's a nice touch.  Just know that it's going to be a handsome quilt for an equally handsome little boy!  I plan to machine quilt i.e. cross hatching.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Burda Blouse. Lovely soft colors. Was the pattern downloaded? It looked like you had taped pages together.

    You made a better decision than I did on your baby quilt. You will be through in no time and I am still quilting away.

    ReplyDelete