I only needed 2M of 45" width fabric. However it's better to use slightly more for ease in cutting.
I reduced one of the pleats for the sleeve as it was taking up slightly more than 1/2 the width of the fabric. Am glad I did because it was an almost perfect fit when I sewed the sleeve to the armhole.
Here I am using a bodkin to pull through the elastic.
Not hemmed. And the facing not stitched to the bodice yet.
Sewing on the invisible zip is getting easier and easier. I need to get a pack of eye and hook for a more complete closure at the top of the zip. Only the armholes remains to be serged and then I'll call it complete. I spent a wonderful 2 days sewing the Danielle blouse. So pleasurable and I feel so accomplished! :)
I have 1/2M of fabric left so I think I'll sew this up for a friend's newborn baby girl. This is a pattern from Heather Ross' book Weekend Sewing called Lucy's Kimono.
Pure baby quilt all basted with a pieced backing. I think it's a nice touch. Just know that it's going to be a handsome quilt for an equally handsome little boy! I plan to machine quilt i.e. cross hatching.