Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Christmas Challenge - Quilt Top

 


The Christmas Challenge quilt top is completed. The binding will be in green.  I am not sure if I am going to quilt it by machine or by hand ... we'll see.

I am going to make another Christmas Star quilt but this time in Christmas fabrics.  I've ordered a couple.  Their from A Dickens Christmas by Sentimental Studios for Moda. So happen I had this little piece of cross stitch in the 4 1/2" square which will be just perfect.  The design is a freebie by Lizzie Kate

Yesterday's lunch was brown rice with stir fried bok choy with some fried anchovies.  A little too salty, should have gone slow with the anchovies :p

In the process of cutting fabrics for Underground Railroad doll quilt found in Kathleen Tracy's American Doll Quilts book.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:55 am

    Nicely done Barbara! I like your little x-stitch pieces, adds a nice personal touch. I did a mix of machine and hand quilting on my Christmas challenge, nearly finished.....Merilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Christmas Quilt Top. I like mixing x-stitch with quilting. Love your "shirting".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is a beauty, the other stith wil be very nice with Christmas fabric. the lunch......och I am hungry.
    The fabric...lovely.

    Greetings from Holland,
    Marga♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Challenge is a winner. Great job.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It's nice to have a finish and a start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the new header! What a way toshow it off!

    Chirstmas quilt looked lovely, great color combo.

    ReplyDelete