Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Some garment sewing

I cut and sewed the garment called Patricia Tunic pattern by Sis Boom i.e. Jennifer Paganelli and Carla Crim yesterday. 

The instructions were crystal clear and the pattern very straight forward.  I did a short sleeve tunic with 2 meters of fabric that I bought locally.  I wanted to try out on regular fabric before advancing to pretty cottons :)
I used zig zag machine stitch instead of serging it because I was too in a hurry to get sewing.  Due to the way the instructions were done I had to serge the princess seams on the front bodice before hemming it and sewing the shoulders seam to the back bodice.  But I would definitely go to the shop and get it serged the next time.
The pattern did warn that it goes on the larger scale, so I cut an M size for my pattern.  Even then it's pretty big but it sure is comfy.  I preferred to hand stitch the hems, so that took a bit of time. Will take a pic of the completed blouse tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment