Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Quilting We Will Go ...

Being very excited and confident about starting my journey on quilting, I told my dad end of last year that I'll make a quilt for him. In hindsight I should have kept my mouth shut. He asked about the quilt last week and I lied and said I'm doing, I'm doing. In actual fact it is languishing in the other room waiting for attention :p

So after going to the voting station (it's voting today here in Malaysia) somehow I got the urge to tackle that mega quilt. Call it political intervention? :D So out came the sewing machine and I had to set it up on the dining table and I got to so near to finishing it!! I just need to hand sew the binding to the backing and remove all those ugly basting stitches and I am done!!

Grand Slam Quilt
Design from Quilts & More Magazine (Summer 2007)
Finished size: 60 1/2" x 84 1/2"

I better confess before you take a closer look:
- Some of the blocks puckered :(
- The blocks were not aligned 100% :(
- The stitches on the backing is rather wonky :(
- I need to unpick some places and hand stitch to smoothen the fabric

So there you are a quilting journey almost at the end. And hopefully another one starts with more care, more precise cutting, more precise sewing, more everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment