Thursday, March 20, 2008

My First Quilt

I finally finished the hand sewing part of the binding last night. It's a real relief :) It took me close to 4 months to complete the quilt. Since it was my first quilt, it's far from perfect but I'm holding true to what Margaret W said, 'What's a little puckering here and there when it's made with love' :) It's for my dad and hence the manly plaids. I like it too as it conjures a rather warm country feel. But I think mine would be a palette of blues and some yellows.

Grand Slam Quilt
Design from Quilts & More Magazine (Summer 2007)
Finished size: 60 1/2" x 84 1/2"

I dunno when I'll start on another twin sized quilt. My sis has been giving me hints but I'll ignore it :) I think I'll go for table runners, placemats, pot holders and cushion covers for now. Suddenly these small projects are more appealing :p

I clearly need to get back to my other XS WIPs. God knows I have many :(

No comments:

Post a Comment