The fit turned out well. I could only manage a sleeveless T-Shirt because there was not enough fabric to cut the sleeve. I added a stay tape at the shoulder seams although it was not mentioned in the book. During my short stint in sewing knits, I have learnt that stay tape is necessary to strengthen the shoulder seam..
I am not using the recommended button craft thread but a Coats & Clarke quilting thread instead. I've used cretan stitch for the arm holes and neck line and regular running stitch for the side seams. I think overall it turned out pretty well.
I get a kick with details, the bias tape hem is now my staple hemming method for the shell fabric. It gives just a touch of satin luxury. Hand sewing the lining to the zipper needed meticulous stitching. The complain from the previous dress that I made was the lining was getting stuck to the zipper. So this time round it's nicely spaced away.
Little House Needleworks. Diane has so generously given this chart away so that we stitchers donate to UNICEF directly for the famine relief works in Africa. I've even bought a frame for this piece. Talk about being optimistic!