Sunday, June 10, 2012

Anni Downs Pin Cushion

Finally it's all done!

Designer:  Anni Downs  Magazine: Australian Homespun (Go Green Issue)
 





Just enough fusible batting ... phew ...

Partially stuffed
 


Simple wool circle for the top.  I am thinking of perching a Sue Spargo bird on top of it later
 This took a heck of an effort to make and did I stuff this baby.  I added 8 oz of walnut shells to weigh it down some.  I won't be gluing it down to the primitive-ish clamp as it would fix my view of the pin cushion.

Scrap Squares. Designer: Kathleen Tracy  Book: The Civil War Sewing Circle

I've also completed at least the top for SQT June Challenge by Kathleen Tracy.  This was fun and fast!


Designer: Blackbird Designs  Book: Garden Club  Fabrics: Blueberry Crumb Cake by Blackbird Designs for Moda




Speaking of challenges I completed the BBD Needleroll SAL with my pal Margaret W.



Karen S of Illinois USA received the basket that I sent her.  I promised her a basket many moons ago so I am making good my promise.  So glad she likes it.  That's Karen's Pam Buda small quilt, she's one prolific quilter!

Pick stitch on the midriff so that the bodice stays put

Whip stitching the lining against the zipper

Invisible zipper closed, luckily the midriff pipping bands kinda met ...
Completed dress
 Completed my sis' dress NL 6069.  It fits her well. So now I can proceed on to her other dresses.  The NL 6096 is next in line.

Fabric:  Little Apples and Shebert Pips charm packs by Aneela Hoey for Moda, white muslin, Kona solid Cardinal.

I have still the 2 outer borders to sew but otherwise this Granny Squares quilt top is done.  The pattern can be found here.  I am thinking an aqua and then white.  Just so to calm the reds down.




 Got my Alabama Chanin book, it's a beauty.  I want to make a simple knit blouse and a bolero for my sis.  All hand stitched too :)

Quilt Sampler.  Designer Little House Needleworks.  Fabric: 32ct Cream Belfast.  Floss: DMC

Completed the Quilt Sampler.  This has been a long time WIP.  It goes into my "to be framed pile".


Craftsy BOM - May
 I've also been playing with some hourglass blocks for a free Jo Morton small quilt pattern found on APQ.

Please come back to visit sometime before end of June, I'll be having a small Mid-Year giveaway.  I've not made it yet but I think I better hurry :)

7 comments:

  1. oh that pin cushion is amazing~! did you sew the tiny hexies for it or is that a hexie printed fabric? either way, it does look like it was a lot of work to make.

    that dress for your sister looks like it would be bliss to wear and so very cute~!!!~ she's lucky to have you to make garments for her.

    your APQ table mat is going to be wonderful and the granny squares top is great and i think you're right; aqua and then white will look perfect.

    i'm always amazed by your diversity as well as how much you get accomplished~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:34 pm

    That pincushion...it's almost enough to make me get a move on mine. Bravo, it's magnificent.
    JessW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! I lvoe the pin cushion!! You did a terrific job on it!
    Of course, I love all of your proj4ects, but am trying not to write a book! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy girl!!!! Love your round pincushion with the embroidery and piecing, such an unusual design, great effort there!!!! Love your dressmaking too, you are doing an awesome job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, your pin cushion is absolutely gorgeous, so beautifully sewn together and such a lovely choice of fabrics.
    I have some fabric pieces on my board waiting to be chosen for Kathy's June quilt. Just can't' decide. I like your little quilt.
    Well done with all your other projects. You are never idle are you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! You have been so busy and productive and everything looks wonderful! I LOOOOOOOVE that pin cushion. How neat! I'm so impressed with the granny square quilt, too. I plan to do one with my Minick & Simpson charm packs but the white I have on hand is too white, so I need to order some bleached white or something like that. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have pincushion love.

    ReplyDelete