Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sewing a plenty




The kimonos are all sewed.  The bias binding was tricky as I could not get a roll of 3/4" coordinating ribbon.  So I cut my own and used the Clover bias binder, it worked like a dream.  You can get the kimono pattern from Habitual.

The receiving blanket got a small linen loop to facilitate hanging.  Lined with flannel and top stitched on all the sides.  The tutorial can be found here.

Lunch - Hong Kong baby kailan with salted egg.  I only eat the yolk as the white can be too salty some times.


Have almost completed the Ute blouse from Burda. Look at the mishap :(  I uttered some choice words!  But the collar will cover it ... hopefully ... and I intend to put on a label at the back of the fabric to cover it.  Just so that I don't get sick every time I see it.  Apart from that I think it turned out pretty well.  It needs armhole serging, button holes and buttons.

As usual I did the hemming by hand.  I may try to use the blind hem by machine one day, we'll see.  I followed this tutorial for the classic hem stitch.



And there's a great article by Carla Crim re hem width on Sew Mama Sew.

A Joan Elliot cross stitch piece done by my sis. Needs to be finished into a wall hanging.  Still in the thought process on how I'll go about it.

2 comments:

  1. Your wardrobe is really growing. I haven't made garments in years. I just might have to start again.

    Looking forward to seeing your wall hanging finished...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy as usual I see. The blouse is very pretty and I really like the colour. Your applique is looking good, but not something you enjoyed I sense! I hope you are hitting the night spots with all those lovely clothes you are making.

    ReplyDelete