Sunday, March 11, 2007

Flatfold SAL - Finish

Photo Frame flatfold
Design from Casa Mia (freebie)
Stitched on Cashel with DMC threads, 2/2
Side View

Back View

I am quite happy how this flatfold, albeit with a little twist. I made into a photoframe instead.

The front panel was the trickiest as you all can imagine. Since I wanted to be able to change the photos every now and again I left the front panel and the inner front panel unglued on the sides, so to slide the photos. However I made a boo boo as you will see in the tutorial that I cannot stick the bottom sides together because of the 'ledge' I made. You can see that those panels are quite apart. However I've found a way around this. I'll just use blue tack! ;)

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 am

    Very elegant. Even if you are having way too many FO's compared to your poor readers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! And thanks for sharing the tutorial. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:20 pm

    How stunning and thanks for the tutorial in your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how very cool! Great finish!
    Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:45 pm

    What a wonderful twist to a flatfold! Thanks for the inspiration, I would love to do that too now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab! Another great finishing idea. Well done BJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the frame/flat fold. Great Idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:39 pm

    beautiful! I have no clue what blue tack is, but I hope it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, you are just whipping out beautiful projects! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow -- your frame is lovely!!!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete