Monday, November 14, 2011

Stashing, Stitching & Sewing


 
 A couple of charm packs by Aneela Hoey and yardage from her line 'Little Apples'.  I have a quilt planned for the charm packs but I will need to stitch most of her stitchery designs first.  This will be quite interesting.  Maybe 1 design a month. that'll be a nice goal for next year.

See how suited the fabrics are with the stitched piece?

Some lovely Blue Hill 'Colonial Poison Green and Cheddar' reproduction fabrics and Howard Marcus 'Collections for a Cause'. 

'He's Coming to Town' is really so pleasurable to work on. Intend to finish this before Bronwyn issues her 3rd Christmas stitchery design.

New Look 6598
 This was a pretty intense blouse to sew.  A lot of hand sewing went into it.  Mostly were like pin, hand baste and them machine or hand sew. I used Hong Kong finishing for my seams and that's a lot of work too but it's always good to try different seam finishes.  The back neck facing was quite difficult to get right but I do like the details of the side vents, notched sleeves and back tie.

6 comments:

  1. Your new project and little charm packs look wonderful, can't wait to see what you create with those!!! Great blouse finish Barbara!!! Whew, I think I am close to getting caught up with my blog reading, I've been a busy girl lately!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric that you chose for your blouse Barbara.
    Those fabrics just keep arriving at your house and you keep making them into lovely projects.
    I bet you have a plan for them already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great fabrics, all of them~!
    and i'm excited to see what you do with them too.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poison green is wonderful. Some fun sewing going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new stash! Your embroidery piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete