Thursday, December 09, 2010

Bear Paw - WIP

Just had to get a block going of a red and white Bear Paw block into my quilting pan.  It's pretty huge at 14" square.  My plan is a 4 block quilt with a million HSTs for it's border!

Season's Greetings all bordered up.  Need to look into the applique for this baby.  And the 5 miserable blocks of orange peel appliqued to date.

Design:  Christmas Eve Flight (Freebie)  Designer: The Sampler Girl  Fabric:  Scrap linen  2/2 Floss: DMC
Christmas Star Block with borders sewn in ready to be sewn into a cushion cover for a 14" pillow form.



Ellen pants by Burda is completed.  Along with belt loops.  There's some puckering on the front right waist band but no matter as I never tuck in my blouses.  I like it.  I've got another piece of dark grey cotton drill for another pair.  It's either another Ellen pants or Angela Kane's trousers.

Pieces up on my design wall on this cold and rainy morning.

7 comments:

  1. I love everything on your design wall! The red and white is going to be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara! How fun to now find your blog. I am not on the KT Yahoo list. I could not keep up with all the mail. It will be nice to keep in touch with you though. Look at what a busy bee you are! Everything looks fab!!!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 pm

    Lol @ "miserable" applique blocks.
    JessW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design wall looks great. All that lovely work that you have been doing. You need a dressmaker's model as well for the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I always say this, but you have the most wonderful taste in projects and fabric--and the pieces in this post are no exception. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some lovely things there. Thanks for pointing me to the Christmas Eve pattern. I hope to get a chance to work on that Christmas day. I would like to have it for next year.

    The bear paw is quite eye catching. I keep looking around my studio to see if I really need to start something else. Time will tell. You are leading me astray.

    ReplyDelete