Thursday, August 12, 2010

Amish Star Quilt - WIP

This is the final package from Fabric Shack which came yesterday and also my first jelly roll or roll up as Robert Kaufman calls it.  Some Kona solid reds and of course in an Amish quilt the staple colour, black.

When I saw the Amish Star block demo by The Missouri Quilt Co on YouTube I was hooked.



I couldn't wait to dig in to making these blocks and because of my exitement I fumbled royally :(  I thought I got my directions from the video to a T but ... I was so darn gung-ho.  So the block on the left is not pieced correctly.  The right is fine.  I may make another block to replace the one on the left or I may just leave it there as my humility block :)  The block finishes at about 11" square and it'll be made into a 6 x 7 blocks bed quilt.


Elyte emailed me to say that she received her package yesterday.  This is a pincushion I made for her Belated Birthday gift.  You can see the whole package on Elyte's blog.

2 comments:

  1. that roll of fabric looks wonderful~i've always loved the Amish palette~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your work.Your fabric design is better. To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete