Monday, August 16, 2010

1800's Vintage Quilt QAL - WIP & More

It is all pieced but not too well I am afraid.  If you look closely a number of seams don't match.  Definitely not my best work.  But it's a nice pattern no doubt and measures 21" square.  In time I hope to grow attached to it :)
Chose 2 coordinating fabric for some stuffing fun.  This is a Strawberry pouf.  A free design by Impie, Hattie & Bea by Mary Kathryn. If you'd like a kit for this Strawberry pouf you can get it from Mary's spanking new webshop here.
My friend Kalawathi promised me a painting some years back.  I got it last Friday all framed for me.  It's beautiful and it's called Renoir's Roses, definitely worth the wait.  She's a wonderful painter and her colours are exuberant!  I designed a website for her amazing works which you can visit here.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt top looks wonderful. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. your painting is beautiful. i'll have to stop by the website and take a look. for some reason that i cannot explain i have a soft spot for small paintings of fruit . . . and i'm always looking to add to my collection.

    i think your little top is fabulous~!~those pieces were very small and you are probably the only one who will even notice any mismatches.

    i actually like it when i have an imperfect quilt. i love primitives and i think it somehow adds to the handmade charm of a doll quilt and always reminds me of young hands learning to sew via making their dollies a quilt . . . love the history of that.

    any thoughts on how you will be quilting it?

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete