Saturday, October 20, 2007

A week's crafting

As you may have noticed, I have am updating my blog on a weekly basis. Since I am adopting a weekly rotation, I might as well blog when the week is up :)

This week saw me stitching To Laugh Often. It's a really an easy going design and I am getting a hang of stitching 1/1 on 25ct Lugana. Love the powerful words, must get it completed and framed by December 22nd.


A little on the tatting front. I completed the 4th round of an oval doily, another 5 more to go ;)


Lastly a little finishing for my sis's stitching. She' stitched a design from Joan Elliot's Sentiments & Sayings for her friend's twin sons Lincoln & Malcus. I finished it into a wall ornament. And I bought two rompers and pasted a teddy on each :) They look soooo cute.


I've been awarded the 'You make me smile award' by Squazi. Thank you my new blogging friend. It is most appreciated. Most blogs I visit make me smile and they've been awarded already :p by someone somewhere on our big blue marble :D

Comment Notes: Thank you all for continuing to visit me, dear all. The comments you leave are so inspiring and some are even funny! I love them all.

18 comments:

  1. I love the top Sampler...it is wonderful! And the finishes for you Sis and the rompers...great ;)
    And your tatting...LOVELY!
    You are the queen Barbara when it comes to lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, your sampler is looking great :) I love it!!!
    Love the latest tatting too :)
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sampler is looking amazing ... I love the colors that you have chosen. I'm sure you will finish it in plenty of time. Can't wait to see what's up for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "To Laugh Often," and your tatting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching and finishing, Barbara, but that tatting!! Ooooohhh ... it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful work Barbara! Love the tatting and in one my favorite colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To laugh often looks so great! Im enjoying watching it progress.
    Great finishing for your sis and great tatting too, ive never tried tatting before

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew ! That's lots of words!
    The tatted piece is sweet and a lovely gift for a baby..am sure the parents will go goo-goo-ga-ga.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your doily is exquisite! I have learned doing some but it definitely does not relax me so I have given up...
    You've achieved a wonderful finish on your sister's stitching (she's talented too!). And to laugh often is very beautiful. It is a real labour of love.
    Take care!
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am finding a weekly update on my blog much better for me too. Greta pics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress! The sampler is looking great and the tatting is amazing! I have always wanted to learn to do that. I can't wait for the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm tagging you BJ. Please see the rules in my blog for the next step.

    And your doily is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All those words actually look pretty fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BJ
    such a productive results....all lovely completed projects. great /gorgeous finished project....

    aw

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow~~so great sampler!!I watched this design for the first time.Very splendid!!

    Sachiko

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful projects! The sampler is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. if you are willing to sell your "To Laugh Often" when you are completed with it, I would gladly pick it up from you!! I used that quote in my grandfather's eulogy and would love to stitch it! [rubberkeyhole@gmail.com]

    ReplyDelete